Personal Tax

HMRC Deadline – January 2018

HMRC Self-Assessment Filing Deadline – Midnight 31st January 2018 With all the fun of Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas & New Year still to come, it easy to push the HMRC deadline of 31st January 2018 for Tax Returns and tax payments to the back of your mind. December through to January is one of the […]

Read more

Your personal Unique Tax Reference Number

Unique Tax Reference Number This is issued by HMRC when you register for self-assessment tax returns. You can only have one UTR number and it is important that you keep a record of this for reference. If you can’t find your number or believe you have not had one issued after registration for self assessment, then […]

Read more

Rental Income from a property

Any rental income from a jointly owned property can be received as income by one or both owners in whatever split is agreed. Please discuss this with OZKAN if it applies to you. Rental income must be included as part of your personal tax return so make sure you give your accountant the details.

Read more

Address changes

When you move house, or if your business moves to a new trading address, it is important that both OZKAN and HMRC are informed as soon as possible. This should be done in writing, or through your online services account. If you move abroad, it very important to inform HMRC of the new personal and trading […]

Read more